We are the RIGHT MEN
Over the past years our country has experienced high levels of Gender Based Violence (GBV) . Many women were assaulted, abused and even worse lost their lives at the hands of males in our society. Even though this has been flagged as one of the worst crime against humanity, a good number of these abuses happened at the hand of males who are related to these women in one way or the other.
A number of calls to end this human right violation has been made, several time, yet the scourge continues to rise. Much talk has been made… but has not resulted in good enough change.
Grooming The Executive believes strongly that:
- “Talk with NO Action” will not result into something fruitful.
- Action has to be taken, education is needed and proper socialisation of our young men stands to give our community a better outcome.
- It is for that reason that we launch “We are the Right Men”
WE ARE THE RIGHT MEN is a platform that enables engagement of young men from a tender age, on matters relating to women and children. Many cultures had previously socialised boy children (ultimately men of tomorrow) to believe that Tigers do not cry. That discouraged them to be in touch with their humane side. To feel and embrace pain, to grief and seek help… the pressure became unbearable, and many did not know how to exhale.
WE ARE THE RIGHT MEN encourages men to be human. To deal with the negative encounters in a humanly way… that way their weaknesses will be better managed, and not taken out on the “weaker” gender.
Where do we start?
- We start them young.
- Boy children are introduced to a space where they can be shoulders onto which girls can cry. To talk to, without being judged and viewed as objects
- On-line talk sessions with various experts, are held monthly – with regular Assessments to test comprehension of the subject matter
This platform also creates opportunities :
- The boys are also introduced into a business of selling sanitary pad.
- This presents a business opportunity, through which they can generate some revenue, while at the same time understanding one phase women undergo and being sensitive to their experiences
How do we achieve this..
- We target to have at least One Thousand (1 000) young men per province - participate in the programme
- Be ambassadors of the We are the RIGHT MEN movement
- On-line coaching and mentorship is made available through Perfecting Educational Output (PEO) platform
- Explore being a re-seller of sanitary pads.
- GTE has partnered with various sanitary pads brands which our participants would procure from, at a cost effective price so as to retail at a reasonable margin
Cost Of Participation: Grooming The Executive procures services from partners who are willing to discount their services to afford our participants access at cost effective prices.
TOTAL COST PER CANDIDATE = R2 500.00
The cost of participation per candidate is broken down as follows
- Admin Fees – R 150.00
- Multiple Intelligence Assessment – R 600.00
- Coaching and Mentoring – R 250.00
- Business development and support – R1 500.00
- This includes:
- Business coaching
- Consignment to start business
- Uniform and other Accessories
- This includes: