GTE GAP-YEAR BOOSTER
GTE GAP-YEAR BOOSTER
GTE has a number of programmes on offer and all of them are selected on the basis of guaranteeing outcomes that guarantee job opportunities. Our approach is to encourage and support entrepreneurs.
We aim at changing the mind set of young individuals by exposing them to entrepreneurship programmes and supporting them during the early stages of business development and job creation. We encourage our candidates to not prioritize seeking for employment but creating jobs. The Gap Year and Career Bridging Programme (GapYear) serves this purpose.
The program focuses on real life career advancement and business development experiences rather than theoretical academic education only.
The offering is split into Two (2) phases for most of programmes:
A Three (3) months programme through which we expose candidates to various career programmes as well as to real life work experiences in programmes we offer
a) This programme involves young people who have completed their matric ideally, before the commit to any tertiary education as well as young adults (up to the age of 40 years) who want to explore new career opportunities.
b) Should the candidate elect to pursue any of the additional business programme we facilitate… we GUARANTEE them revenue generating opportunities (business or jobs)
c) For the young people who are undecided on what course to pursue, GTE Gap-Year & Career Bridging Programme guides them through programmes on offer.
- The programme starts Positive Psychology assessment called Strength Finder and workshops:
- Vision Board Development: This offers support towards self-discovery
- Mentoring Sessions: Interaction with experts of various industries, entrepreneurs and management from across sectors
- Real Life Career Sampling: Assignments to various companies and render services and gain real life work exposure
A Two (2) months Programme where candidates chose from the existing programmes and be trained on specific content. It is this phase that determines whether the candidate can be groomed for business ownership or not. Each year GTE identifies programmes that have potential for business opportunities and jobs, and based on the finding made, the programme may be included as part of the offerings for as long as there is still opportunities in the market.
GTE has partnered with various small service providers and strategic partners who had to demonstrate:
- That their service are capable of creation business opportunities
- They could train and provide necessary skills which we could turn into business – and create jobs
- They themselves are able to consume from the very products they will be producing
GTE develops business models which include training and implementation plans for each of these proposed sectors – and on the back of a satisfactory outcome, the programme gets included into the mix.
NB: Completion of Phase 1 is mandatory, before participating in any of the PHASE 2 Programmes